Brisbane Water Secondary College Umina Campus logo

Brisbane Water Secondary College Umina Campus

Brisbane Water Secondary College Umina Campus

Respect - Commitment - Relationships

Telephone02 4341 9066

Whole Campus

Complete the Application for Extended Leave-Travel if a student is going on leave due to travel for 3 or more school days. 

The completed form must be accompanied by supporting documentation as evidence of the intended travel.

Accepted forms of documentation are flight or accommodation booking confirmation. Alternately an itinerary can be supplied outlining the planned travel route, including places being visited and travel dates.

Once completed, the Application and supporting documentation can be returned to the front office or sent as an attachment to 

Upon approval by our Principal, the student will be provided a Certificate of Leave.

Prescribed Medication

When a medical practitioner has prescribed medication that must be administered during the school day, parents/carers must:

  • notify the school 
  • provide the school a completed 'request for support at school for a students health condition' form as above
  • provide up to date information as required
  • supply the medication and any 'consumables' necessary for its administration in a timely way.

The administration of such medication forms part of the department's common law duty of care to take reasonable steps to keep students safe while they attend school.


Non-Prescribed Medications

NSW Health advises that ‘over the counter’ medication may still be harmful and that schools should follow the same procedures for non-prescribed medications as for prescribed medications.