Brisbane Water Secondary College Umina Campus logo

Brisbane Water Secondary College Umina Campus

Brisbane Water Secondary College Umina Campus

Respect - Commitment - Relationships

Telephone02 4341 9066

Applying for a Tax File Number

Tax File Numbers (TFN)

All working Australians have to provide their employer with a Tax File Number (TFN).

If you have turned 13 years old you can apply without your parent / carer signature.

If you do not provide a TFN you will pay more tax.

You can apply for a TFN before you get your first job.

To apply for a TFN, open the Australian Tax Office site for Tax File Number online applications and apply online.

Once you have completed the application, print it out - or email it to (so Ms Beemster can print it out for you).

Then take it along with your identification (ID) to your local post office.  Some post offices require you to make an online appointment through the TFN application site BUT Woy Woy post office accepts walk-ins.

You will need two forms of identification (ID)Either an original birth certificate (not a copy) or a passport (it can be up to 3 years expired) PLUS a Medicare Card or Student ID card or bank statement or an ATM card

Do you have a TFN but have lost it or can't remember it?  If so you can reclaim it.